Standard and Premium ISO 22241 Compliant Systems
Available on any TransFueler
Diesel Exhaust Fluid, also known as DEF, is a solution of 32.5% high-purity urea (AUS 32) and 67.5% deionized water. All new diesel vehicles and heavy equipment utilize Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR), which utilizes DEF to effectively reduce NOx emissions when injected into the exhaust stream of diesel engines, producing harmless water vapor and nitrogen gas. DEF is not used with gasoline, aircraft, or small diesel engines. DEF is typically consumed at a rate of 2-3% of diesel fuel consumption, a ratio of approximately 50:1. Some heavy equipment consumes DEF at a higher rate. DEF is relatively nonhazardous, environmentally friendly, and not classified as a HazMat by US DOT.
Due to the new American requirements for DEF usage on newer diesel vehicles, small add-on systems have become a popular feature on TransFueler diesel fuel trailers.
Quality Fuel Trailer and Tank, Inc. employs only ISO 22241 compliant components. Protect your equipment from damage and source all DEF and associated equipment from a reputable source. DEF requires special handling, equipment, and materials to avoid contamination and degradation, preventing damage to expensive SCR systems. The guidelines for the handling, transportation, and storage of DEF are outlined in Part 3 of the ISO 22241 international standard, while the refilling interface is described in Part 4
- Authorized PIUSI Distributor. View all PIUSI DEF products.
- Enclosures prevent direct sunlight exposure and insulate from temperature swings.
- Heating elements for tanks and enclosures reduce freezing and crystallization when ambient temperatures reach below 30°F.
- Reels / Hoses of various lengths
- High Flow Pumps: Gas, Diesel, 115/230VAC, and Pneumatic Powered Pumps with High Capacity Filtration and Optional Magnetic Drive
- DEF-Rated Reels
- Automatic and Manual Nozzles for a Range of Flow Rates
- Mis-Fill Prevention Nozzles and Devices per ISO 22241-4
- Breakaways, Swivels & Shear Valves
- PIUSI Fleet Management System controls and tracks dispensing
- Custody Transfer Meters for Weights and Measures-Approved Resale
- Trailers Are Available with 200-2000 Gallon Poly or Stainless Steel Tanks with Optional Enclosures
- High Flow Pump, Filtration, Metering, Hose, and Nozzle provide flow rates up to 70 GPM
- Large Diameter Hoses and 25 to 150 Foot Reels
- Optional Custody Transfer Meter for Weights and Measures-Approved Resale
- Optional Propane and 115/230 VAC Tank and Enclosure Heaters
- Optional Micromatic RSV Nozzles for Refilling IBCs and Drums
- Full ISO 22241-3 Compliance
- Non ferrous metals and alloys: copper, copper alloys, zinc, lead
- Solders containing lead, silver, zinc or copper
- Aluminium, aluminium alloys
- Magnesium, magnesium alloys
- Plastics or metals coated with nickel